Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Addiction

Growling and stubborn – He sits
Branched throughout my soul
Engulfed within the workings of my flesh
He has become my master
Yet, Him I do NOT (!) love
He requires a hard and gruesome task
When left uncompleted
He inflicts pain to the soul – far beyond
The physical pain I am suffering
This devil man is in me a Tyrant!
Holding me too tight – bruising my arms
I gave my resignation
From this slavery and mental sin
I had planned to leave – yet, I am here
I stayed
Maybe I should leave; am I worthy to?
He told my ear to feed my heart poison
“Punishment for your slothful soul!” He shouted
Into my blind eyes.
Nearly 2 thousand years have I served Him.
Letting Him carry me upon a bed of dry thorns,
And rose petals.
“No one else desires your company,”
Harsh voices whisper in my dreams
While he beats my soul to the dust
Reminding me of what I am made of, and
How easy my return would be
For Him, if I leave.
Yet, I must go
Countless tears breakdown walls
That once, they themselves created – but how?
From my prison, I see a rainbow
Just outside the window
I have been out there before, Never stayed.
This is my home
I love Him, and He loves me – but
I can’t love myself
He gets jealous.
I fear being without Him.
I’ve been with Him for so long.
Still, death hath visited with Him oft.
Perhaps He will soon sell me
To this visitor his friend
Then finally all this pain and
Anguish from my heart
Will vanish with my empty soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment