Thursday, January 26, 2012

Closed Eyes


Darkness, I cannot see
I stumble, looking for Thee
I stand here searching for Thy light
But, only dark blackness fills my sights
Voices screaming, crying for me to come
Chanting and raving, "where are you from?"
Cause I have faith I walk and trust
Stumbling still, but keep trying I must

Smack! Ooh I hit the pavement again.
I feel new bruises inside my hands
Touching my legs and arms with care
Reveals cuts and scrapes there
Where am I? What have I fallen into?
Now that I'm here, what should I do?
Trying to follow Christ, when I cannot see
I wonder sometimes, can you see me?
With hands spread out, once again i will stand
With all my soul, I'll follow Thy command

But there is darkness all around
I have faith, but still there is no light to be found.
This would be so much easier for me
If only, Thy will Lord, was for me to see.
Yet, I walk another mile and a half
My body wants rest, my will to laugh

Through tripping and scuffing my shins and knees,
I fall, and wonder, why oh Lord please
All my days I have followed Thy plan
Seeking mysteries to Godliness, Trying to understand
But, still I can't see
Lord hear my plea

On my knees, in the rain
I feel so cold, confused, and in pain
All my life, Thy word I have kept
During the day, or in dreams as I've slept
I wander to and fro on this earth
But, now I find my will is dearth.

Oh Lord, guide my way
I know I can't travel alone today
Mile after mile, together we walk
Hand in hand, you listening while i talk
My God, you are so patient and meek.
To my tears and concerns I hear you speak.

"My precious daughter, have no fear. I love you and am always near. I've known your pains and your delights. You have been obedient even without your sight Now, my child, listen to what i say You shall have your sights today. Though you thought it was from me When eyes are closed, they cannot see. So hear me now, I am God, whom you love. I will always be watching you from above. Try not to make things harder than they are, To get into heaven, you don't have to be a star. Just be the very best person you can be, Now, open your eyes, my child, and see."

No comments:

Post a Comment