Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beautiful Portrait


Broken pieces fallen on the ground
A half hearted smile scarce to be found
Rigorous honesty one at a time finds
Broken in pieces is not the mind
Shattered mirrors, a broken reflection makes
Once mended a beautiful portrait takes

This was me, Once upon a time
Still and fragmented, scarcely worth a dime
(to me)
Yet like a diamond, whom never loses its worth
I was precious as rubies even from birth

Half empty, or half full, who can tell
Going through heaven, Going through hell
Is there only black and white
No! There are many shades of grey
Rainbows can be seen through the rain

Broken pieces a puzzle to fix
Greys and colors in the mix
Shadows add density and light
God's creations can be optimistic and bright

Like the lone tree in the middle of the run
My focus was settled upon the one
Now, to the left, to the right, so much space
In the mirror, it's me I face
If I say I can or I can't it's truth
My life thus far is the proof

And still I can change my thought process
To see who I am, not "yet another mess"

Broken pieces fallen to the ground
A full hearty smile now is found
Shattered mirror, a broken reflection makes
Once mended, a beautiful portrait takes

No comments:

Post a Comment