Tuesday, January 3, 2012

old friend, new enemy


·         I saw you when you walked into the restaurant You were guilty but full of smiles

·         I heard you whisper to your guest, LIES self-pity in all the styles

·         I have no fear of you reading this, since reading was never to your liking

·         You live your lie so fast and swift, and you your hair you are still spiking

·         You saw me at the other place – you froze and shared and cried

·         I noticed it was the same old garbage you spewed forth as you lied

·         I do not hate you, as you go, in-fact I mostly wish you well

·         And after all that I can do and as far as I can tell

·         You are still living the same, (ahem) your same old hell

·         So this poem devoted to you; you never may ever read

·         But if there is anything I can do, find in someone else a need

·         For I can’t help you any more

·         On your knuckles I have banged close the hard oak door

·         And it’s okay if you wear a frown

·         ‘Cause you are now infamous I’ve got you all written down

·         Why did you have to show your face

·         I could be angry any place

·         But you have iced up the room

·         Be off with you upon your broom

·         Fly away into the fog.  Tail between legs you female dog

·         Never again to show yourself

·         With you is dearth, without you wealth

·         Ha ha ha! And a great big goodbye

·         With pants on fire and a needle in your eye

·         Fuck you and all your promises broken

·         You lied far beyond the simple token

·         My heart, my hope all the truth I have shared

·         Fell on deaf ears while my soul I bared

·         You did more than stomp on my desire

·         You dumped gasoline on my skin and lit me on fire

·         Then to put me out – so you said

·         You completely emirs my poor little head (in mud)

·         Why couldn’t you just leave me alone

·         Quit calling and texting me on the phone
·         Not until I wasn’t nice once did you say you were done

·         Surgery you said was worse yet asked 50 times worse than being attacked?

·         Yes! Of course! you were in pain

·         As you tore through my heart in horrific distain

·         I did not want to think that I gave you this power

·         But you can’t know the sweet without tasting the sour

·         Your betrayal was all up front and close but I pretended to not see it

·         Still ice woman you were the most

·         The most painful relationship I’ve, in a long time, had

·         Leading me to think I loved you? Shit, was I mad?

·         Confusion totally swept over me

·         Because you told me you were in need

·         The need to see someone crawling towards you

·         I became your servant not knowing what to do

·         So now you talk about me behind my back

·         I thought I’d care, but I just laugh

·         From the look in your eyes I can tell you’re giving me the power you try to pretend so well

·         I do not know what will become of this poem my dear

·         Our paths are forever parted, that much is clear

·         So, as you walk out the door, I will think of you one time more

·         And send a small blessing out your way

·         To, perhaps have you see, one great day

·         That you’re not the center of everything. You’re not the only one who can sing.

·         I will cross my toes and fingers too, in this little prayer for you

·         That one day you will see the light

·         No longer will you put up a fight

·         For fear of things that go bump in the night

·         But that you may truly be truly free

·         God bless you my once friend, Now, leave me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment